Who Are We?

The NovelFriends are four writers who met through Wisconsin Romance Writers and initially became bonded by our love of books. That connection has expanded, grown, and deepened into true friendship over the years. We look forward to sharing our experiences with you, so follow the blog and join in the fun - we're always happy to have more NovelFriends!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Could it be...Spring? - Donna

It seems as if everyone has been waiting forever for the arrival of Spring here in Northeast Wisconsin. Oh, the actual First Day Of Spring came and went...followed by snow, sleet, ice storms...sigh.

I had just about given up hope, but today, the last of the snow on our property melted--Hallelujah!!! I walked around the house and was thrilled to see my chives popping up (time to make a cheeseball!), as well as several of our perennial flowers finally making an appearance. It won't be long before the trees are full of leaves, the daffodils are blooming, and my husband is fighting to get our ancient tiller started.

And my puppy...well, she's a 90 lb. black lab/Shepherd mix, but she's still my little Sassypants...is as happy as a pig in...mud. *grin* She knows once the weather warms she'll be spending a lot more time outside. Not that the bunnies are very happy about that. She's already caught three this year (one managed to wiggle free and race under the porch to freedom). Since I don't want to have to find anymore half-eaten bunnies, I now hold Sassy's collar for a few seconds when I open the door, just to give the plump little buggers a fighting chance.

Sorry, I digress. What else was I going to mention? Oh, my seedlings! Because it's been unseasonably cold, my poor little tomato & pepper plants have been growing at a snail's pace (though the cabbage plants don't seem to mind the cold *shrug*). But once the sun burst through the clouds, I could practically see them doing a happy dance. I can't wait to get out there and start planting my gardens. I have big plans this year. So here's to hoping the bad weather is behind us, and there's nothing but Spring showers and May flowers ahead. :-)




If you look closely, you can see the rabbit killer skulking in the last picture, just waiting for Bugs to make an appearance.

Thanks for letting me bore you to tears with my late night ramblings!

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. Not boring at all, Donna. :) Though there are a few tears in my eyes for those poor little bunnies.

    I hope you're right that the bad weather is behind us...but last night on the news far NorthWest WI was bracing for another 5-10 inches, and we could have snow flurries tomorrow night. LOL Hopefully not.

    Looking forward to gardening, too. Well, the end result anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    I'm a tad more confident about spring arriving since we've had a few sunny days and all that dreadful rain last week did succeed in washing away the last bits of winter's ice and snow. Still no buds showing but green bits have poked their heads out of the soil in the gardens. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have some snow in our yard (lots of shade), but the sun was out today, even if it wasn't very warm and I sure felt like spring is getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is coming! Spring is coming! Spring is coming! (I'm hoping if I say it enough it'll come true) I can't wait to get things going in my garden either.

    ReplyDelete