Who Are We?
The NovelFriends are four writers who met through Wisconsin Romance Writers and initially became bonded by our love of books. That connection has expanded, grown, and deepened into true friendship over the years. We look forward to sharing our experiences with you, so follow the blog and join in the fun - we're always happy to have more NovelFriends!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Choices - The Book Version (Jamie)
So, tell me:
- Do you prefer paper books, e-books or audio books, or a combination? I used to swear I'd never give up paper books but my book collection took up too much space. My husband bought me an e-reader for Christmas, and I fought it for a while, but once I gave in, I was completely converted. I love having my entire library at my fingertips and my keeper shelf with me at all times.
- Do you have a preference for a full length novel or novellas? I tend to prefer full length novels. Novellas are also good, but I typically fall in love with the characters and want to spend more time with them. Novellas go by way too fast.
- Do you use the library or borrow books from friends or do you own most of your books? Because I use an e-reader, I own my books. Even before I made the switch though, I owned most of them. As I said, I fall in love with the characters and stories and have a hard time giving them up. I believe this goes back to a heartbreaking, grade-school library book incident.
- Do you typically read one genre or a wide variety? I read romance almost exclusively, and within the romance genre I normally stick to Contemporary or Romantic Suspense. I have deviated to a historical or paranormal book at times. I couldn't tell you the last time I read something that wasn't a romance story though.
- Where and when do you do your reading? I do most of my reading in bed in the morning and at night, but if I have a few spare minutes I will read while waiting for an appointment, in the car (not while I'm driving), in a restaurant (if I'm on my own, not if I'm with someone). Pretty much if I have some free time, you'll see me with my e-reader in my hand.
Now you know a little bit about me and my reading habits. I'm looking forward to learning more about you and how you like to read.